The purpose of the St. Mary Preschool Program is to develop the social skills of the child and further his/her personal adjustment in an atmosphere of love and acceptance.
Emphasis is placed on consideration of others through sharing, taking turns, and listening. Self-expression and creativity are fostered through language, math, religion, music, and physical and social development.
In language, the student will be able to enjoy books and songs, recognize letters of the alphabet, recognize and print first name, increase attention span, be a good listener, and increase their vocabulary.
In math, the student will sort and classify, recognize and count numbers, recognize patterns, and measure objects as equal or less.
In religion, the student will experience a sense of self-worth, talk to God through prayer, recognize feelings of others, and relate religion to everyday experiences.
In music, students will participate in a group, follow directions, use large motor skills, and learn new songs.
In physical and social development, students will participate in social interaction, recognize order and follow directions, develop self-control, explore new activities, and increase attention span.
Academically-Based Play with a Purpose!
St. Mary Pre-Kindergarten offers:
3 year olds
- Full Day Program (5 days, 7:50–3:00)
- Half Day Program (5 days, 7:50–11:00)
- Morning Program (3 days, Mon, Wed, Fri, 7:50–11:00)
- Full Day Program (2 days, Tues & Thurs, 7:50-3:00)
- Half Day Program (2 days, Tues & Thurs, 7:50-11:00)
4 year olds
- Full Day Program (5 days, 7:50 – 3:00)
- Morning Program (5 days, 7:50 – 11:00)
- Afternoon Program (5 days, 12:00 – 3:00)
- An optional lunch/recess option can be added on for morning students 11:00 am–12:00 pm for an additional fee of $15 per day
- Music, Art, Spanish, Religion, SuperKids, Happily Ever After Reading, Handwriting Without Tears, and age-appropriate technologies
- Participation in larger school events
- Partner program
- A before and after school program is also available
Our program is a popular one! You are encouraged to register as early as possible to guarantee a place for your child.
The following qualifications will be considered in determining priority for admission:
- Children with a sibling currently enrolled at St Mary Parish School.
- Children of parish families who have been active, engaged, registered, and contributing parishioners of St. Mary Parish.
- Children of new parish families who have been active, engaged, registered and contributing parishioners of St. Mary Parish as of the year in which they seek enrollment.
- Children of families who are not currently registered at St. Mary Parish.
Call for a visit today!
97 Herrick Road, Riverside, IL