All volunteers must complete the Archdiocesan Protecting God’s Children requirements. Volunteers include, but are not limited to Room Parents, lunch and recess, Cultural Arts, classroom readers, Library/Resource Room, holiday parties, field trip chaperones, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, coaches, clubs, etc.
Go online to www.archchicago.org
At the Archdiocese website, scroll down (on the left) to the section labeled “Protecting Children”
Scroll down (on left side) and click on “Compliance for Clergy, Employees and Volunteers (Criminal Background Check/eApps, Virtus, etc.)” Here you are able to complete the 4 necessary steps to be a volunteer at St. Mary School.
- Child Abuse & Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) form – download, complete and return to school office. We need to mail it.
- Code of Conduct form – After reading the first 3 pages, download page 4 for Employees and Volunteers, complete it, and return to school office.
- Protecting God’s Children for Adults/Virtus Training – follow directions shown. The certificate you receive upon completion should be brought to the school office.
- Criminal Background Screening – the following directions will walk you through this process.
To complete your Criminal Background Screening:
- Click on “Criminal Background Screening Online Application (eApps)”
- Click on “If you do not have a USER ID or PASSWORD, please click here to register”
- Open the site search
- Under site search – type in Riverside
- Select St. Mary – Herrick School
- The Access code is the word protection
- Click Archdiocese of Chicago
- Choose volunteer
- User ID – (See note below on website page)
- Password – (See note below on website page)
- After filling in the registration then click “Submit Registration”
- Continue to follow directions
- The overview of the application will appear
- You must fill out all the sections on the right side of the screen with the red x by it. After finishing each section, be sure to SAVE. Once you complete and save it, a green check will appear.
If you have any questions, please call the school office (708) 442-5747.