No Spelling or Reading Test this week
Pizza Day (Hawaiian Day/Dress Down) Wednesday and All School Mass
Science Test Chapter 8 Wednesday April 12
Science Chapter 8 Study Guide
*Orion is a constellation that we can see in the winter.
* The Sun is a medium-sized star that provides heat for the Earth.
* Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars are all inner planets.
* A space probe can explore the Moon and send pictures back to Earth.
* Day and night happen because Earth rotates.
* The different shapes of the Moon that we see are called phases.
* Earth spins on a tilted axis.
* We can see stars by using a telescope.
* It takes Earth about 365 days to orbit the Sun.
* A star and all the objects that move around it is a solar system.
* The Sun is the highest in the sky at 12 P.M.
* The last-quarter moon is the phase that follows the
*We have seasons because the Earth tilts and revolves around the Sun.
* June begins summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
* Each lunar cycle lasts 29 days.
* The 4 basic phases of the Moon are new moon, first-quarter moon, full moon, and last-quarter moon.
*Hail, rain, snow, and sleet are the four types of precipitation.
*Air pressure is the weight of the air pushing down on Earth.
*Summer is the warmest season of the year.
*The sun powers the water cycle.
* A storm that buries cars and buildings in snow is a blizzard.
St. Mary School
97 Herrick Road
Riverside, Illinois 60546
Weekly Family Envelopes
St. Mary Parish
Make a Donation Online
Mrs. Barbara Rasinski
Ask a Question