Mary’s Month – Ribbon Day and May Crowning
Parents – Thank you for your kindness, thoughtfulness and generous spirt during Teacher Appreciation Week!!
- May 7 to May 11 – Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 8 – Ribbon day Mass and May Crowning, 9:30 8th Grade dismissal at noon
- May 13 – Mother’s Day – Wishing all of our moms a very special day!
- May 16 – Pizza Day – Dress down Day in your Favorite Hawaiian attire
- May 17 – Student Council – induction of new officers, 2:00pm
- May 18 – 8th Grade White Sox game in the evening
- May 25 – All School Field Day and hot dog lunch; dismissal at noon
- May 28 – Memorial Day – no school
- May 30 – Chicago Trip for the Class of 2018! 8:30am – 7:45pm? (attire – graduation t-shirt, jeans and gym shoes)
- June 1 – Class of 2018 Picnic – Mary Park
- June 1 – All School Talent Show in the Parish Center 7:00pm
- June 4 – Culver’s Lunch; last day of regular classes for the 8th grade
- June 5 – Awards Ceremony in the Parish Center 10:00am; 8th grade “Clap Out” at 11:00am and dismissal
- June 5 – Graduation for the Class of 2018 – 6:30 Mass in Church. remember admittance is by ticket. Following mass, the students, family and friends will proceed to the Parish Center to view the graduation video. Following the video, students will board a trolley for transportation to their party. It will end at 11:30pm.
- June 6 – Final All School Mass for the school year 2017-2018 at 9:30am. Graduates are welcome to attend.
With your support we did “feed the hungry.” The Challenge filled the seats at Soldier Field Twice around and then some!! Thank you!!
Picture Day – September 20th
8-7 Welcomes the 2017-2018 School Year
Meet Your Teacher
Welcome to my class 2017 – 2018
My name is Mrs. Keehn and I am very blessed to teach Religion to the 6th, 7th and 8th grade students at St. Mary. The students are thoughtful and generous in spirit. I have been touched by their kindness and I am grateful to have them in my life and to share the faith with them. Thank you to all.
any questions – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Secret Santa
We are excited to share the “secrets” of the Christmas Season with our classmates. Our Secret Santa schedule is as follows:
12/12 – something salty or crunchy (price range for the 1st three items on the list is ~$1)
12/15 – something sweet
12/20 – something to drink
12/22 – final gift (price range is $10 to $15)
2017 – 2018 Confirmation Date Updates (3/1/18)
Sacrament of Confirmation Candidate and Adult (Parent or Sponsor) Meeting, Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 6:30pm – 8:30pm in the Church.
The Confirmation forms handed out at the Parent Meeting in October are due 12/12/17. Also due at this time is the deposit for the “Day of the Spirit” Retreat. ($60) *** Remember the “Day of the Spirit Retreat” is mandatory for all students in anticipation of reception of the sacrament of Confirmation. The retreat is Monday, January 15, 2018. (MLK holiday) ***
Sacrament of Confirmation Parent/Student Meeting, Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 7:00 – 8:30 pm in the Church
Confirmation Candidacy Family Mass at 5:00 pm, Saturday, October 14,2017 or Sunday, October 15, 2017
Holy Fire Jr Hi Youth Rally – Friday, October 20, 2017 at UIC Pavilion
Mandatory Confirmation Day of the Spirit Retreat – Monday, January 15, 2018, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm at Carmelite Retreat House in Darien, IL
8/10/17 Students preparing for Confirmation should be working on the Summer packet at this time.
Mass Journals were given to each student prior to Pentecost. The journals are to be completed on a weekly basis. The journal is a part of the candidate’s preparation for receiving the sacrament of Confirmation.
8th Grade / Summer Opportunities – due 8/25/17
8th Graders – Enjoy your summer, but remember as you travel and spend time reading and continuing your education, to complete the Summer Opportunities packet. (the packet text can be found at Confirmation classroom – you have been invited.)
In the Strength of His Love …. “Spirit of truth promised by Christ, open our minds and hearts so that we may spread the faith by word and action..”
“Spiritual Growth Opportunities” will help you continue to reflect about how God is actively present in your life right now. A closer awareness of God in your life will help you to renew your Baptismal Promises with conviction on Confirmation Day.
The Summer Opportunities packet is due, in class, on Friday, August 25th. This is a graded assignment, worth 105 points. Completing the assignment over the summer months will make the transition into the 8th grade school year very smooth.
- The Summer Opportunities assignment consists of three separate activities, two from part I, and one from part II. Due 8/25/17.