This weekend we kickoff the Annual Catholic Appeal: “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself” which calls us to action on behalf of our neighbors.
Some of the Ministries, programs and services funded by the 2017 Annual Catholic Appeal are: — Grants and scholarships for schools serving economically disadvantaged communities
- Support parish ministries that provide religious education to children, youth, and adults in economically disadvantaged communities
- Recruitment, education and formation of lay ministers and deacons
- Continuing education and ongoing spiritual formation of priests
- Capital grants to parishes and schools serving economically disadvantaged communities
- Catholic Relief Services for aid to the poor in foreign lands
- Ministries of care and comfort to those in need
- SPRED (Special Religious Education) in over 100 parishes including our own
- Office of Respect Life (supporting the dignity of life from conception to natural death)
The Archdiocese of Chicago conducts an annual campaign to help fund the work of its schools, agencies, ministries, offices and other services. The Annual Catholic Appeal provides each of us the opportunity to provide for not only our own parish but for the wellbeing of the Church throughout our Archdiocese and throughout the world. Since we are one community of believers, members of all parish communities throughout the Archdiocese of Chicago are asked to contribute to the campaign.
On behalf of Cardinal Cupich and myself, I thank you for your contribution to the Annual Catholic Appeal.